BE PART OF OUR TEAM
We are constantly on the look out for aspiring visionaries that want to make a difference.
WhatsApp us at 8222 1010.
Guarding & Patrolling
Access & Egress Control
Basic Incident Response
Senior Security Officer
@ Safety Systems
(Road Traffic Act)
Monitor CCTV /
Central Alarm /
Fire Command Centre
Assist State /
in Law Enforcement
Key Press Management
Evacuation Plans & Exercises
Senior Security Supervisor
CCTV Centre /
Monitoring Centre /
Fire Command Centre
& Risk Assessment
Form & Lead Security Watch Groups
Security & Contingency
Planning for Large Scale Events
How to become
a Security Officer?
Security Officer (SO)
All security officers need to obtain a license from the Police Licensing & Regulatory Department (PLRD).
To apply for a security officer’s license, it has to be done through the GoBusiness Licensing platform.
Individuals have to go for Workforce Skills Qualification (WSQ) Basic Security Course and be certified before the license can be approved.
There are three modules to pass under WSQ;
- Provide Guard and Patrol Services
- Provide Incident Management Services or Handle Security Incidents and Services
- Recognize Terrorist Threats
Both modules have to be passed under the Licensing Conditions otherwise one would be considered as untrained.
After getting the security officer license, experience and additional training modules have to be completed in order to progress and obtain higher ranks.
Senior Security Officer (SSO)
To be able to be promoted to become a senior security officer, at least 6 months of experience is needed as a security officer. There are two other certificate modules to be cleared.
The two compulsory modules are;
- Manage Disorderly Conduct and Threatening Behavior
- Operate Basic Security Equipment
With sufficient experience and certifications, a security officer can easily be promoted to a senior security officer.
Security Supervisor (SS)
After a year of experience as a senior security officer, individuals can further promote to a security supervisor. At least a year of senior security officer experience is needed. There are three other criteria.
An advanced licensing unit and two advanced modules are needed to be completed before promotion.
The modules required are;
- Supervise Security Officers (Mandatory licensing unit)
- Induct Security Personnel
- Assess and Address Security Risks
- Perform Supervisory Duties with Legal Framework
With the above training, officers can be more adept as a security supervisor.
Senior Security Supervisor (SSS)
With more than one year and six months of experience as a security supervisor, the officer can go for more training to be promoted to senior security supervisor. The requirement is four advanced modules (full advanced certificate)
Certification of modules needed are;
- Monitor and Review Security Operation (Mandatory)
- Conduct Operation Briefing and Debriefing
- Lead and Manage a Team of Security Officer
- Performing Monitoring and Reporting Duties at Central Command Centre
- Deploy Security Equipment
- Contribute to the Management of Security Incidents
- Supervise Crowd and Traffic Control Activities
The modules stated above are very important for a skilled senior security supervisor to be able to take on the roles and responsibilities given with the rank.
Chief Security Officer (CSO)
Two years of senior security supervisor experience is required before advancing to chief security officer. Along with experience, three diploma modules must be completed in order for an officer to be able to call himself a chief security officer.
The diploma modules are as follows;
- Manage Security Operations
- Achieve Work Effectiveness in Security Environment
- Manage and Resolve Conflict in Security Environment
With the above requirements, the rank of a chief security officer can be achieved.
To know more about wages in the security sector, click here!